You will need to create an annotation with your label in it. This might be tricky to do depending on what you want. The easy way is to run mris_label2annot with only your label, then run mri_aparc2aseg to generate something like the wmparc.mgz (look in the recon-all.log file for the command line that generated wmparc.mgz but specify your annot with --annot). View the label to make sure it is what you want, then run mri_segstats.