Dear Doug,

thank you so much for getting back to me on this.

I am using Freesurfer version 5.3 with QDEV version 1.4 which gives me both
DODS and DOSS design matrix options. I am a little confused about DOSS in
QDEC as I have read quite a few publications which have used DOSS in QDEC
before. Can you please let me know what the issue with DOSS in QDEC is?

Also, I have looked at age-cortical thickness interaction using DODS in
Qdec with gender and diagnosis as fixed factors, age as covariate (demean
age as well) and eTIV as nuisance. I did not find any difference in
age-cortical thickness interaction between the 2 groups.

Also, I am still a bit unsure about using age as covariate in DOSS through
the command line. Is this appropriate given that DOSS assumes the same
slope in both groups? Or should age be used as a nuisance factor instead (0
in the design matrix)?

Thank you so much again for your help with this.

Best wishes

Marco