On 6/20/17 10:14 AM, marco mcsweeney wrote:
Dear Doug,

thank you so much for getting back to me on this.

I am using Freesurfer version 5.3 with QDEV version 1.4 which gives me both DODS and DOSS design matrix options. I am a little confused about DOSS in QDEC as I have read quite a few publications which have used DOSS in QDEC before. Can you please let me know what the issue with DOSS in QDEC is?
I don't quite remember what was going wrong. It was only under some circumstances, but I can't remember what those were. The correct path forward is to use the mri_glmfit command line program for DOSS.

Also, I have looked at age-cortical thickness interaction using DODS in Qdec with gender and diagnosis as fixed factors, age as covariate (demean age as well) and eTIV as nuisance. I did not find any difference in age-cortical thickness interaction between the 2 groups.
That means you can use DOSS.

Also, I am still a bit unsure about using age as covariate in DOSS through the command line. Is this appropriate given that DOSS assumes the same slope in both groups?
There's nothing you have to do other than specify doss after the FSGD file (and create a new contrast matrix).
Or should age be used as a nuisance factor instead (0 in the design matrix)?
do you mean contrast matrix? if so, then just specify 0 for the nuisance colum(s)

Thank you so much again for your help with this.

Best wishes

Marco