External Email - Use Caution

Thanks Doug,

Yeah, I’m confused as to what happened with that registration too.

I just used ANTs to do the warping and that worked well.  Good to know about
mri_cvs_register though, I will try to use that next time.

-jared

On 4/19/18, 12:12 PM, "freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu on behalf of
Douglas N. Greve" <freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu on behalf of
dgr...@mgh.harvard.edu> wrote:

    I don't know what might have happened (under the hood, mni152reg uses
    the FSL flirt program). If you want a non-linear registration, then
    you'll need to use CVS (mri_cvs_register) and choose the mni target. If
    you just want the aparc of the aparc+aseg, then don't go into the volume
    at all.

    On 04/17/2018 01:57 PM, Zimmerman, Jared wrote:

    > Hi All,
    >
    > I’m trying to register the aparc+aseg volumes from subject T1 space to
    > MNI152 space and running into problems.  I’ve taken the following steps
    >
    > 1.mri152reg –s Subj241
    >
    > 2.mri_vol2vol --targ $FSLDIR/data/standard/MNI152_T1_2mm_brain.nii.gz
    > --mov $SUBJECTS_DIR/Subj241/mri/aparc+aseg.mgz --o
    > Subj241_aparc+aseg_mni2mm.nii.gz --reg
    > $SUBJECTS_DIR/Subj241/mri/transforms/reg.mni152.2mm.dat
    >
    > This yields an image that is rotated and shrunken relative to the
    > MNI152_T1_2mm template as shown in the attached image.
    >
    > I’m wondering if this is the right way to do what I’d like to do.  The
    > reg.mni152.2mm.dat file is only a linear transform, but I’d like to
    > apply a non-linear transformation to the subject aparc+aseg to get it
    > well matched to the MNI152 template space.  Some of my subjects have
    > atypical head shapes and I really think a non-linear warp will be
    > necessary to achieve a good fit.
    >
    > I’ve run the MNI152 1mm template through recon-all so I have that as a
    > reference.  Is there a way to map volumes from one subject space to
    > another via fsaverage or sphere sort of like mri_label2label does for
    > labels?
    >
    > Alternatively, I could just calculate the appropriate T1 to MNI warps
    > with FNIRT or ANTs and apply those to the aparc+aseg, but I figured it
    > would be possible to do with FreeSurfer without calculating any new
    > transforms.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Jared

e-mail
HelpLine at
    http://www.partners.org/complianceline . If the e-mail was sent to you in
error
    but does not contain patient information, please contact the sender and
properly