From: <freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu> on behalf of Dev vasu
<vasudevamurthy.devulapa...@gmail.com>
Date: Thursday, 2 August 2018 at 19:18
To: "freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu" <freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
Subject: [Freesurfer] Anterior / Posterior Partition in Hippocampus
parcellation atlas

        External Email - Use Caution
Dear All,

I have a problem with the Freesurfer hippocampal longitudinal segmentation
results , when i have done segmentation using following algorithm (
https://github.com/CobraLab/antsRegistration-MAGeT) with no anterior/posterior
partitioning ( Head/body/tail ) , on my subject pool the volumes that i have
obtained for each subfield is very different from the volumes of corresponding
subfields that i am getting when i have done subfield segmentation using
freesurfer. I think algorithm does influence the segmentation procedure, if
this is the case then i am getting different results for histology based
segmentation using https://github.com/CobraLab/antsRegistration-MAGeT and
freesurfer.

When i compare the subfield volumes between healthy and disease patients  that
i have obtained using first segmentation procedure using ANTS-MAGeT , i notice
statistical significance   in subfields like CA1,CA2-CA3 but when i do the same
using freesurfer based algorithm i notice no statistical significance in these
subfields.

Do you think the algorithm has any influence on segmentation to such a level
that we get completely different results on two occasions.

Thanks
Vasudev