External Email - Use Caution

Hi Bruce,

Chris Rorden informed me that Surfice previously assumed that MGZ/MGH files
were voxelwise images used to surface-paint a mesh. Anderson's palm,
however, uses the format as a one-to-one correspondence with the vertices
(i.e., data-per-vertex). Chris' newest/upcoming version of Surfice
automatically detects this data-per-vertex format and can load the files
appropriately.

The main feature that freeview lacks is the ability to display multiple
overlays/sets of palm results at once. My initial approach was to convert
the .mgz palm outputs into .nii so that I could use fslmaths to combine
results, but (apparently) NIFTI handles a maximum of 65,535 voxels in any
one dimension, which is why Chris thought Anderson used MGH, which allows
billions of vertices (32-bit).

So, Surfice can now load the palm .mgz outputs onto ?h.inflated, .pial, and
.curv surfaces, but I'm now wondering if mgh/mgz overlays be be loaded on
top of other background meshes (such as BrainMesh_ICBM152 or mni2fs meshes
that are provided with Surfice). I've emailed Darren Price because I'm
essentially looking for the inverse transform of his mni2fs package (i.e.,
fs2mni), but I was wondering if you or Doug have encountered this question
or similar requests to convert freesurfer to mni surfaces/meshes before?
I'm familiar with the Freesurfer Coordinate Systems info, but I don't know
how I might generalize the RAS to MNI152 point conversion to an entire
surface.

Thank you again for your suggestions and help!
Dan