External Email - Use Caution

Dear Freesurfer developers and users,

Has anyone had experience running Freesurfer on Linux VM on Google Cloud
Platform?
I have a question about runtime of recon-all -all.
The specs of VM on GCP as follows,
Linux CentOS 6, 16 CPU(Intel(R) Xeon(R) @ 2.50GHz) with 60 G memory
I installed Freesurfer v 6.0.0 and run recon-all -all -parallel -openmp num
No matter what number I put (6,8,12,16 after openmp), the recon-all runtime
of a single subject ranges 6-7 hours.
It's just disappointing to compare to my own desktop.
My own Desktop is Mac Pro (3.7 GHz quad-core intel xeon E5, 16G memory).
The recon-all runtime (Freesurfer version 5.3.0, no parallel) for a single
subject is usually 7~8 hours.
Is this a reasonable runtime given the setting of VM?  Only 1-2 hour
shorter than my Mac Pro??
Or is there any configuration of VM I should pay attention to set up?

Thanks,
Yi-Fang Chuang
ᐧ
ᐧ