External Email - Use Caution

Could it be a solution to reinstall freesurfer? I tried to install a newer
gcc version and now Matlab gave to me this error

ERROR: FreeSurfer environment FREESURFER_HOME is not defined.
  If you are outside the NMR-Martinos Center, please set this
  variable to the location where you installed FreeSurfer.
  If you are inside the NMR-Martinos Center, please source
  the standard environment. If you need to install FreeSurfer,
  go to: http://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu

Attempting to use /Applications/freesurfer directory.
using /Applications/freesurfer/subjects/10018/mri/aseg.mgz aseg volume to
correct midline
setting seed for random number generator to 1234
mris_ca_label: SUBJECTS_DIR not defined in environment
No such file or directory
mris_ca_label -aseg /Applications/freesurfer/subjects/10018/mri/aseg.mgz
-seed 1234 10018 lh
/Applications/freesurfer/subjects/10018/surf/lh.sphere.reg
/Applications/freesurfer/average/lh.curvature.buckner40.filled.desikan_killiany.2010-03-25.gcs
/Applications/freesurfer/subjects/10018/label/lh.aparc.annot: Signal 124

ans =

   252

Best,