External Email - Use Caution

Could you explain what you are trying to achieve and which transformation you
are referring to? I don't get:
1) what are the input and output files of the registration for which you want
the deformation field?
2) What command did you use to perform the registration?
3) Is it linear or nonlinear?

(The file <subject>/mri/transforms/talairach.m3z stores a transformation field
of a nonlinear registration, but I'm not sure whether it is what you want.)

I find the quoted part a bit confusing (but that may just be me). The first
sentence talks about nonlinear registration, and the others talk about linear
registration -- but still mention a deformation field. Maybe some more context
would help.

For a linear registration, an affine matrix should be all you need.

Tim

> On August 28, 2019 at 9:55 AM ping cao <pingcao...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>         External Email - Use Caution
>
> Dear expert,
>
> I saw a paper mentioned this :
>
> By using the  *deformation field*  from nonlinear registration, we can
> > build the correspondence between voxels in the template and each
> > linearly-aligned image. For instance, for each voxel (x, y, z) in the
> > template image, we can find its corresponding voxel (x + dx, y + dy, z +
> > dz) in each linearly-aligned image, where (dx, dy, dz) is the
> > *displacement* from the template image to the linearly-aligned image
> > defined by the deformation field.
>

> So, I want to get the deformation field from the template to the linearly
> registered image(flirt_T1).
>
> Can Freesurfer do this?  Which file is a linearly registered image that
> does not contain an affine transformation? How can I get this deformation
> field?
>

> Your help is greatly appreciated.
>

> Best,
> ping

Dr. Tim Schäfer
Postdoc Computational Neuroimaging
Forschung - Klinische Bildgebung
Klinik für Psychiatrie, Psychosomatik und Psychotherapie des Kindes- und
Jugendalters
Universitätsklinikum Frankfurt / Haus 93, Raum A 305
Deutschordenstr. 50, 60528 Frankfurt am Main
Tel.: +49 (0)69 6301 85832