Hi,

according to this page:
https://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/FsTutorial/PialEdits_freeview ,
there is a separate protocol to correct cerebellar errors with rois such as the
lingual gyrus, fusiform and etc specially the creation of the
brain.finalsurfs.manedit file. I have a few questions about this step:

I'm assuming that the recon-2, if it detects a brain.finalsurfs.manedit, it
makes a mask out of it, and applies it to brain.finalsurfs? The potential
conflict I see here if that's not the case is this scenario: I'm doing all the
manual edits for the brainmask, re-run recon23, then I create the
brain.finalsurfs.manedit and correct the cerebellum, running the recon-all
-autorecon-pial. Then I realize that there are still recon errors, and I edit
the brainmask again. Would this second instance of editing the brainmask be
negated by the fact that the brain.finalsurfs.manedit file doesn't have these
edits?

Also, generally, is it okay to do other sort of edits (e.g removing the blood
vessel between the cerebral cortex and the cerebellum) @ the
brain.finalsurfs.manedit, rather than the brainmask.mgz?

best

Victor Zeng
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Keshavan Lab
ph: 617 754 1237
--

This message is intended for the use of the person(s) to whom it may be
addressed. It may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or
otherwise protected from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the
intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution, copying, or use of this
information is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please
permanently delete it and immediately notify the sender. Thank you.