External Email - Use Caution

 We have a sagittal 1 mm isotropic whole-brain 3D T1 mprage (morphometry
protocol suggested on Freesurfer's page) and a coronal anisotropic (0.4mm
inplane, 2mm thickness, similar to ADNI protocol) T2 measurement acquired
perpendicular to the hippocampus. We'd like to use both measurements
simultaneously in the segmentation. However, on the fswiki it is suggested
that T2 should be coarsely aligned to the main T1 scan, but I'm not sure
about how to understand it, especially since our 3D T1 is acquired in
sagittal plane, while T2 is in coronal.
(a) Should T1 and T2 acquired in the same (e.g. coronal plane) with the
same or little angulation?
or
(b) Is it enough if they are just aligned based on the physical/anatomical
coordinate system (which is automatically ensured if both images were
acquired in the same session with no repositioning and little or no head
movement of the subject between the two measurements)?

Best,
Gabor