From: <freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu> on behalf of Gabor Perlaki
<petzinger.ga...@gmail.com>
Date: Saturday, 11 January 2020 at 20:43
To: freesurfer <freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
Subject: [Freesurfer] hippocampal subfield segmentation question

        External Email - Use Caution
We have a sagittal 1 mm isotropic whole-brain 3D T1 mprage (morphometry
protocol suggested on Freesurfer's page) and a coronal anisotropic (0.4mm
inplane, 2mm thickness, similar to ADNI protocol) T2 measurement acquired
perpendicular to the hippocampus. We'd like to use both measurements
simultaneously in the segmentation. However, on the fswiki it is suggested that
T2 should be coarsely aligned to the main T1 scan, but I'm not sure about how
to understand it, especially since our 3D T1 is acquired in sagittal plane,
while T2 is in coronal.
(a) Should T1 and T2 acquired in the same (e.g. coronal plane) with the same or
little angulation?
or
(b) Is it enough if they are just aligned based on the physical/anatomical
coordinate system (which is automatically ensured if both images were  acquired
in the same session with no repositioning and little or no head movement of the
subject between the two measurements)?

Best,
Gabor