External Email - Use Caution

Hi Alina and Matthew,
I think there is a simple solution to the problem. You can use the .gcs
files of the parcellation you are interested in! You have to run the
mris_ca_label command to apply the parcellation in individual subject space
and get de .annot files of each hemisphere. Then, you can use
mris_anatomical_stats to get the .stats files from these annot files.
Finally, you can use aparcstats2table to get the metrics of your
parcellation.

Here's and example:
mris_ca_label -l $SUBJECTS_DIR/<subject_name>/label/?h.cortex.label \
  <subject_name> lh $SUBJECTS_DIR/<subject_name>/surf/?h.sphere.reg \
  <gcs_file_dir>/?h.parcellation_X.gcs \
  $SUBJECTS_DIR/<subject_name>/label/?h.parcellation_X.annot

mris_anatomical_stats -th3 -mgz -cortex ../label/?h.cortex.label -f
stats/?h.parcellation_X.stats -b -a label/?h.parcellation_X.annot -c
label/aparc.parcellation_X.ctab <subjid> ?h

If you want to, I can provide you the .gcs files of the HCP-MMP1-Atlas.