External Email - Use Caution

Hi Douglas,

mri_segstats wouldn't generate binary ROI masks, so I tried using
*mri_binarize* and *mri_extract_label* to produce masks for thalamic
nuclei, but I run into the same problem of generating empty masks (these
commands worked for other ROIs):

   -   $: mri_extract_label aparc+aseg.nii 8005 thalamus_vent_lat.nii

reading volume from aparc+aseg.nii...

extracting label 8005 ()

writing output to thalamus_vent_lat.nii.

   - $: mri_binarize --i aparc+aseg.nii --o thalamus_vent_lat.nii --match
   8005

7.1.0

cwd /data/freesurfer/subjects/S12452/mri

cmdline mri_binarize --i aparc+aseg.nii --o thalamus_vent_lat.nii --match
8005

sysname  #####

hostname #####

machine  #####

user     ######

input      aparc+aseg.nii

frame      0

nErode3d   0

nErode2d   0

output     thalamus_vent_lat.nii

Binarizing based on matching values

nMatch 1

0  8005

binval        1

binvalnot     0

fstart = 0, fend = 0, nframes = 1

Found 0 values in range

Counting number of voxels in first frame

Found -1 voxels in final mask

Count: -1 -0.343000 32768000 -0.000003

mri_binarize done

I'd appreciate any feedback you may have.

Best,

Ameen