External Email - Use Caution

I have elaborated all my data with recon all version 7.0. I am doubting whether I should elaborate them again with 7.2 or I can  simply run the normalisation with 7.2 on the data preprocessed with 7.0, since you told me that the problem with version 7.0 is with the normalisation process. I ran few t-test on the volumes and the thickness between version 6, 7 and 7.2 and there are few differences across all the versions. So actually it doesn't seem that the results of recon all with version 7 are bugged.

Il 8 ott 2021 18:53, "Douglas N. Greve" <dgr...@mgh.harvard.edu> ha scritto:
Sorry, I'm not sure what you are asking when you ask what you should do. Do about what?

On 10/4/2021 5:30 AM, Annalisa Lella wrote:

Dear Mr. Greve,

thanks so much for your reply! I have been running t-tests on cortical and subcortical volumes FDR corrected on 50 subjects to compare versions 6, 7 and 7.2 but I didn't see so much differences. What should I do? Should I run again recon all with version 7.2 on all the subjects? Or can I use version 7.2 for my analysis on data pre-processed with version 7?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Annalisa

Da: freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu <freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu> per conto di Douglas N. Greve <dgr...@mgh.harvard.edu>
Inviato: venerdì 1 ottobre 2021 17:18
A: freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu <freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
Oggetto: Re: [Freesurfer] Freesurfer version

The 7.0.0 release was recalled because the intensity normalization *sometimes* did the wrong thing. It would not surprise me if you were not seeing any of these effects, but I can't guarantee that it won't happen in your data. If it was happening, you would see some big differences in the thickness, and maybe the subcortical volume. If you have edited your data, you can run version 7.2 on edited 7.0 data and 7.2 will respect and incorporate your edits.