I'm a bit puzzled by this. Are you saving the xfm file to talairach.xfm?
In the log file, it clearly says:

INFO: transforms/talairach.xfm already exists!
The new transforms/talairach.auto.xfm will not be copied to
transforms/talairach.xfm
This is done to retain any edits made to transforms/talairach.xfm
Add the -clean-tal flag to recon-all to overwrite transforms/talairach.xfm

and there is no command in the log that indicates that it was
overwritten, and I cannot replicate this behavior here