From: freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
<freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu> On Behalf Of P Pieperhoff
Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2023 12:07 PM
To: Freesurfer support list <freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
Subject: [Freesurfer] Transformation of volume images

        External Email - Use Caution
Dear developers,

please, may I ask you how I can transform volume images (containing discrete
region labels) from the fsaverage space into the space of a given subject, and
vice-versa?

I tried the following command:
mri_vol2vol --interp nearest --mov fsaverage/mri/aseg.mgz  --o test_mask.mgz
--s test001  --targ
test001/mri/orig.mg<http://secure-web.cisco.com/18zhLs0yyoi6f5anIfeKiN-F1VEbpNHEjEygu8DCPePRRMe1a3jx4QEHAQ7kD_9NgtssMozXqNUTsjOs3jetomLFaKKS-TYrPODLjsmg6Jmvr-aDKJqlzzUUe-jWpXBt3EFFRhzHq-Tc1ygK4OuWuBUFXy3BgX798ZqnJB9ANvNFzdNLeovYy2s85mZfEvst-LB_nhkwwcYuCNbr1yBBmQu84PEvvUWVyYyUimGmdsWn1SuLZnAY76EMn_fL_M4OkhiBDqR30lKic7hwf72E2bNtoJVIoesBrzh8yguobZBnBN9gxTN0r-Umzvr7yFHFp/http%3A%2F%2Forig.mg>

or
mri_vol2vol   --interp nearest --mov fsaverage/mri/aseg.mgz  --o test_mask.mgz
  --targ  test001/mri/T1.mgz  --lta  test001/mri/transforms/talairach.lta --m3z
talairach.m3z
--s test001

but there was always a large mismatch between the transformed images and the
target image.

Best regards,
Peter