Hi Dan,

I have not worked with this code in a decade, but Kersten in my group maintains
our  R package of it ( see https://github.com/deep-mi/fslmer ). I will bring
this to his attention.

Basically I think you determine the joint p-threshold across hemispheres and
convert it to FreeSurfer ( - log10 pth) and use that value as a threshold when
plotting the original p-values. That way you only need one threshold for the
full plot, rather than two different ones (or the more pessimistic of the two).

Also you may be interested in our whippersnappy python tool to generate nice
looking screenshots of the surface overlay:
https://github.com/Deep-MI/whippersnappy

which is pip installable.

Best, Martin