Yes, that is the problem, not a lot of great options.  One thing you could try is to  run synthmorph to create the m3z.

On 6/10/2024 2:36 PM, Dan Levitas wrote:

        External Email - Use Caution

Hello,

I am following the longitudinal freesurfer pipeline (https://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/FsTutorial/LongitudinalTutorial) and getting this error on the final (LONG) portion:
/ERROR: cannot find or read transforms/talairach.m3z
/

 I can confirm that recon-all ran successfully during the CROSS and BASE portions; it is only when I attempt to perform recon-all -long that things fail.

My suspicion is that CA registration was not performed during CROSS, as I used -synthseg (and -synthstrip) in that recon-all command. I'm unsure if I need to go back and specify -careg in the CROSS recon-all command (e.g. /recon-all -autorecon2 -careg/), or if there is some way to bypass this error. I tried appending -nocareg to the end of my LONG recon-all command, but this errored out with the following output:

/mri_cc -aseg aseg.auto_noCCseg.mgz -o aseg.auto.mgz -lta /N/project/Kawata_TBI_1/R01_HighSchool_BIDS/derivatives/freesurfer/sub-1000_ses-2pre.long.sub-1000/mri/transforms/cc_up.lta sub-1000_ses-2pre.long.sub-1000

will read input aseg from aseg.auto_noCCseg.mgz
writing aseg with cc labels to aseg.auto.mgz
will write lta as /N/project/Kawata_TBI_1/R01_HighSchool_BIDS/derivatives/freesurfer/sub-1000_ses-2pre.long.sub-1000/mri/transforms/cc_up.lta reading aseg from /N/project/Kawata_TBI_1/R01_HighSchool_BIDS/derivatives/freesurfer/sub-1000_ses-2pre.long.sub-1000/mri/aseg.auto_noCCseg.mgz error: mghRead(/N/project/Kawata_TBI_1/R01_HighSchool_BIDS/derivatives/freesurfer/sub-1000_ses-2pre.long.sub-1000/mri/aseg.auto_noCCseg.mgz, -1): could not open file/

Thanks for the assistance.

Dan