Rob Shortt wrote:
* A recent snapshot with the patch to revert the audio behaviour (the
 one I sent earlier this week)

Or we could support both types of output. I haven't compiled the latest mplayer cvs, but maybe that's the better solution.

It would save me from having to patch mplayer for this every time. :)

And yes, supporting both types of output for at least until the next stable release of mplayer would be better in any case. If we only support the old way people will need to patch their new mplayer for this, if we only support the new way then it will be broken for those who build a stable version of mplayer.

-Rob