Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri wrote:
>  --- Dirk Meyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> escreveu:
>> The plugin also needs to access the mplayer output data.
>
> Can't this be a plugin for a plugin? So it will not require a redesign
> and give us more flexibility. I don't think other plugins need
> sub-plugins (maybe idlebar).

Mplayer can define it's own plugin type to use, similar to the
idlebar. If you remove idlebar.py, nothing in the system knows about
IdlebarPlugin.

>    Talking about idlebar, this plugin is very similar, so we could
> handle the same way....
>    And yet about idlebar... we should split it in various files... it's
> becoming messy.

Yes. Two ideas: every plugin in one file or first split the idlebar.py
into idlebar.py and idlebar_system_monitor.py, containing all the cpu,
temp whatever plugins. Maye we should do it _before_ 1.4 to have it
cleaner. If you like, you can split it.

"Ignore reality. There's nothing you can do about it." - Natalie
Imbruglia