"Robert Rozman" wrote:
> I'd like to have some more info in suitable possibility to share data. For
> instance Misterhouse sends over TCP port new temperature data for my room. I
> get that in plugin that listens on TCP port. Now I'd like to transfer this
> data to idlebar plugin that will display it...

Small idea: write a plugin (just a plugin, no DaemonPlugin) that only
starts a thread, like the mplayer plugin. Register this plugin to the
plugin system as MISTERHOUSE plugin (see mixer.py or mplayer.py how:
plugin.register(the-plugin, 'MISTERHOUSE')). This plugin stores all
data.

Now you write an idlebar plugin for the temperature. It gets the
thread by asking plugin.py for MISTERHOUSE:
plugin.getbyname('MISTERHOUSE')
and display the infos from the object.

Right now, the idlebar will only update when you press a button and
the menu changes, but that should be ok for a start.

> Another possible use is when Misterhouse sends whole submenu group for
> Freevo mainmenuplugin. How to transfer these menus to mainmenuplugin to
> display them?

Add an item that builds it's own submenu. Take a look at the
headline.py plugin.

A much wittier reply came to mind immediately after I clicked the
'Send' button.