On Mon, 3 Nov 2003, Rob Shortt wrote:

> > These are called 'meta-packages'. They define the dependencies
> > needed to setup a freevo system. Hence if you try to install
> > freevo-core-suite and it complains about missing dependency package, you
> > can figure out what else needs to be installed. Also can be used by
> > apt-get or similar auto-dependency resolving software.
>
> Can you define the dependencies in the main Freevo rpm instead?

Yes, it's possible, but that means that the user would have to install all
the packages even if they don't intend to record anything assuming that
the dependency list is the sum total requirements for freevo.

Let me know if that's the preferred approach, then I'll update the
freevo rpm package before releasing it.

T.C.
----
Wan Tat Chee (Lecturer)
School of Computer Science, Univ. of Science Malaysia,
11800 USM, Penang, Malaysia.      Rm.625 Ofc Ph: +604 653-3888 x 3617
NRG Lab Admin: +604 659-4757           Rm.601-E Ofc Ph: +604 653-4396
Internet: [EMAIL PROTECTED]            Web: http://nrg.cs.usm.my/~tcwan
GPG Key : http://nrg.cs.usm.my/~tcwan/tcw_gpg-20030322.asc
F'print : DCF2 B9B2 FA4D 1208 AD59  14CA 9A8F F54D B2C4 63C7