There's not much advantage in using relational databases for a cache;
the whole point of using an SQL-based RDBMS would be to make it
possible to do queries, a cache is just a flat information store for
the most part, which at _most_ has a key of the original file. In
either case, it's never going to be faster to use a DB to do something
we would do using the filesystem which will almost definitely be
faster.

A DB for the TV guide, I can see though.

Aubin