Aubin Paul wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 24, 2003 at 09:12:26PM +0100, Dirk Meyer wrote:
>> I vote against it. If you look at the cache code, you will see that I
>> took extra work to not cache the image thumbnails. The reason is
>> simple. I have a directory with images from one vacation. When I enter
>> this in Freevo, Freevo hangs for about 2 secs. This is bad, but it
>> would be much worse if the cache contains the thumbnails.
>
> Makes sense... I don't need to cache them, but they have to be written
> out somewhere unless we extend pygame to read images from MP3s...
> which would be non-trivial since the eyeD3 library doesn't return
> image data, only a function to write files as far as I can tell.

That shouldn't be a problem. eyeD3 could write it into a virtual file
pygame can read from. It's similar how I get the thumbnail data into
pygame without saving the file. But still, if we won't cache them
somewhere, it will be slow.

>> > It would be easier to put right into Freevo, but not very clean.
>>
>> We have to think about that (also in the context of image
>> thumbnails). Were to store the information that we have a
>> thumbnail/cover? Were to put that cover? What should mmpython know,
>> what should it cache?
>
> mmpython doesn't need to know about it, since it can be extracted
> using the tag functions in mmpython that are public (we use them to
> write tags as well)

What about mmpython adds 'has_cover' to the info it dumps. Than
AudioItem in Freevo uses:
if self.info.has_key('has_cover'):
   self.image = self.filename

So basicly our image filename is an mp3 file. Now we go into osd.py:
try:
    the current code
except:
    # maybe mp3 file
    try:
       get the data from eyeD3.
    except:
       pass

Scan for exif in osd.py, it's similar to the thumbnail stuff
there. Make sure you dump the image in the freevo image cacedir for
later use.

A day without sun shine is like, you know, night.