On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 05:57:11PM +0100, Dirk Meyer wrote:
> That shouldn't be a problem. eyeD3 could write it into a virtual file
> pygame can read from. It's similar how I get the thumbnail data into
> pygame without saving the file. But still, if we won't cache them
> somewhere, it will be slow.

That's what I'd do... and use the cache.

> What about mmpython adds 'has_cover' to the info it dumps. Than
> AudioItem in Freevo uses:
> if self.info.has_key('has_cover'):
>    self.image = self.filename
>
> So basicly our image filename is an mp3 file. Now we go into osd.py:
> try:
>     the current code
> except:
>     # maybe mp3 file
>     try:
>        get the data from eyeD3.
>     except:
>        pass
>
> Scan for exif in osd.py, it's similar to the thumbnail stuff
> there. Make sure you dump the image in the freevo image cacedir for
> later use.

That sounds more complicated than may be necessary. I would hook it
into the cover.jpg displaying code, ideally. Just when we do the
parse, we also check the cache for an image, and then the file. We
could have mmpython let us know if there is an image but that's hardly
the bulk of the work...

Aubin