Hans Meine wrote:
On Sunday 08 August 2004 18:58, Rob Shortt wrote:
# Accept the defaults for the first regular tv card
TV_SETTINGS['tv'] = TVSettings()

If the user may get to see this class name at some point, I would suggest a name like "TVCard" instead of settings, because from a user point of view, this is all about settings. This can be a class within the module "config", so that it's namespaced (i.e. config.TVCard from the rest of the code).

Yes, they would only need to instantiate it if adding a 4th card and when the class is defined in config.py then it is in the same namespece as where they'd use it (local_conf.py / freevo_config.py). Also, tv0 and tv1 don't need to be on seperate cards, one could be for using the tuner, the other for svideo.

And I want to point out that simple inheritance might be useful for different types of cards. I.e. TV_SETTINGS['ivtv'] = IVTVCard() or similar, since IVTV has many more (and different) options than normal v4l cards.

Excelent idea. That way we can get rid of IVTV_OPTIONS and have support for different options for each card which is good because not all ivtv cards are the same. The same goes for dvb I guess.

-Rob

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.Net email is sponsored by OSTG. Have you noticed the changes on Linux.com, ITManagersJournal and NewsForge in the past few weeks? Now, one more big change to announce. We are now OSTG- Open Source Technology Group. Come see the changes on the new OSTG site. www.ostg.com _______________________________________________ Freevo-devel mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/freevo-devel