Hans Meine wrote:
> On Tuesday 21 February 2006 10:44, Hans Meine wrote:
>> However, even this posed a problem:  When starting the video, my Celeron
>> 2Ghz was not fast enough to to the blending/overlay tricks with more than
>> approx. 4 frames/sec., but that's only at the beginning.  What's worse is
> I just realized this sounds misleading:  It's worse in the sense that I can
> accept jumpiness for some seconds, but not for the whole movie.  It's *not*
> worse in terms of the framerate of course, after the bmovl is disabled.

Bmovl sucks, that's why we want to use the new canvas stuff in the
future.

>> that mplayer is called with a scale/expand combination which seems to lead
>> to software scaling?!  AAR, my movie was not running smooth as it does with
>> normal XV scaling (or in Freevo 1.5.x).
>>
>> Is that known/intentional/about to be changed/configurable?
> BTW: I think this time I tested with a vanilla MPlayer (w/o bmovl2), but that
> should be irrelevant, no?

It is irrelevant. The problem is (at least right now, it may change in
the future) that everything in Freevo needs to have the same height
and width to move stuff between displays (Freevo->mplayer). But
software scaling should not be the problem, I used it with a Duron 800
and it worked fine. Or do you have HD TV samples, that could kill your
CPU I guess.

Reality is a just temporary illusion caused by a
lack of alcohol in the bloodstream.