"Wander Winkelhorst" wrote:
> On 2/21/06, Karl Lattimer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I think it would be more useful to us if you had this submitted back to
>> mplayer and included in their next release. That way it is available to
>> more people, and would be included in freevo without extra hacking
>> capabilities of the users.
> Yes, but I literaly BREAK mplayer for anything but live-tv, I don't
> think the MPlayer devs are going to be very happy to accept a patch
> like that.

I don't think so, too

>> I know that Tack wrote something like this
>> which you can find http://www.sault.org/mebox/livetv.php
> I know about mebox and I have looked a lot at it, but I didn't find
> some of the side-effects very pleasing (like the long delay for
> channel-changing and the fixed-size ringbuffer)
>

>> I'm very interested in this, and would appreciate the patch being sent
>> to me, but I'm not sure how Dischi would feel about it on this list.
>
> Well, I have to hack a bit more on it to make it really usefull to
> even developers but expect a release in a few days.

I'm not so sure I want mplayer for watching tv. A tv stream may change
From 4:3 to 16:9. Mplayer does not see that, you can't change the
filter chain while mplayer is running. So IMHO xine (or maybe
vlc/gstreamer) is the better choice. I have a recording starting with
4:3 ads and after that the 16:9 movie starts. It look very bad in
mplayer.

Veni, Vidi, VISA:
        I came, I saw, I did a little shopping.