Hello list,

I've suscribed to this mailing list cause I came across the 'kaa' page
(http://freevo.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/freevo-2.0/Kaa) and I'm pretty
interested into this framework, as it's Python.

I'm thinking of putting up a flexible, stand-alone, hands-off,
remote-manageable, server-driven multimedia player. (doesn't this sound
optimistic ? :))

I ran across projects like "PyMedia", but it looks inactive (does it
even handle images ?). A came accross "GStreamer" with it's python
bindings, but seems too low-level at a first glance.

Has anyone worked on such project ? Would Kaa be a good choice to start
with ?

Regards,
--
Alexandre CONRAD