Hello Jason,

thanks for your quick response.

Jason Tackaberry wrote:
> Another framework you could check out is Pigment:
>
>    https://core.fluendo.com/pigment/trac

Ok, I'll have a deeper look into that.

>>I'm thinking of putting up a flexible, stand-alone, hands-off,
>>remote-manageable, server-driven multimedia player. (doesn't this sound
>>optimistic ? :))
>
> Bahhh, trivial.  15 lines of Python.  20 tops.

Well, maybe that's why I need Kaa. :)

> Could you enumerate your expectations and requirements?  We can tell you
> how well Kaa would meet your needs.

The idea is to have a dummy stand-alone mouse/keyboard-less box that is
driven by a some advanced (XML) playlist system for playing videos (HD),
images, could do orchestred overlayed text (for dynamic content, eg:
from RSS feed), content scheduling, etc... But basicly, only playback
(no recording would be needed, not for now at least).

And what I would like is to add an extra UI (using remote-control) for
the player's configuration (basicly to setup and test networking).

There would also be some pages to see the player's statistics (disk
space usage, display some logs, system's information, etc...).

It should also be able to play with different outputs: vga, hdmi,
s-video. Besides VGA, I don't know much about this and how feasable this
is (any driver specific depenencies ?).

Looking at the kaa.canvas page (http://urandom.ca/mebox/canvas/) seemed
pretty much what I needed to do. It looks simple and feels confortable
enough to fit my needs.

Regards,
--
Alexandre CONRAD