Hi,

        Cool... Perhaps we should talk more about what we have/want, as I was
thinking something very similar too this a few days ago. I was planning
a crossover between the default skin and the info skin. The default
skin is nice, but now, with the wide/large screens, there´s so much
room to show more information :-).

        What happens when you dont have a fxd file?

btw.... the lyrics plugin was a nice thing too. I´m glad that someone
else coded it before I even got started :-).

On Wednesday 15 August 2007, Hasan Khalil wrote:
>  In light of all this discussion of the 'panoramic' skin and whatnot,
>  I figured I'd put in my two cents about what I've been doing.
>
>  I started using freevo several months ago and was unsatisfied with
>  the bundled skins. I primarily use freevo for watching movies, so I
>  concentrated my efforts entirely on video browsing capabilities. My
>  skin is based on the info skin and customizes very little other than
>  layout. I feel it does a good job of using the real estate that my
>  1080p TV offers me.
>
>  I still work on the skin once in a while in my free time (what free
>  time?), and will post the code when it's a little bit more polished.
>
>  I'm posting a link to a screenshot[1] to this list in order to get
>  some feedback. The screenshot will be hosted on my site for a month
>  or so, but will eventually disappear. I made this skin entirely with
>  my preferences in mind and did not intend it for the pleasure of a
>  wide general audience. Bearing this in mind, I'm welcome to
> suggestions.
>
>  Screenshot description: At the top of the video browser screen we
>  have the title of the folder that I'm in. In this example we use a
>  folder named '720p'. A list of movies occupies the left side of the
>  screen, showing covers. The enlarged cover is the selected item,
>  which shows detailed in the info box on the right[2]. The directory
>  structure is done using populated .fxd files with IMDB information
>  (I've written a script that pulls this information from my VideoDB,
>  but that's a story for a different post). The idlebar appearance is
>  default, the font face is taken straight from the info skin, and the
>  background is from InterfaceLift[3].
>
>  I'd love to read your questions, comments and suggestions.
>
>       -Hasan
>
>  [1] http://charlies-server.com/~gongloo/freevo.png
>  [2] The resolution is followed in parenthesis by an aspect ratio,
>  which I'll look into rounding off to the second decimal place -- I
>  just haven't looked at the underlying python code for that yet. If
>  anyone has already taken a look at something like this, please do
>  forward any findings along to the list!
>  [3] http://interfacelift.com/wallpaper/details.php?id=1125

Christian Lyra
POP-PR - RNP

http://lyra.soueu.com.br

  Grand Master Turing once dreamed that he was a machine. When he awoke
he exclaimed:
    ``I don't know whether I am Turing dreaming that I am a machine, or
a machine dreaming that I am Turing!''
                                                The Tao Of Programing