Hi!

I would be very pleased to get some help with my problem. I've found
alot snippets on the freevo wiki pages and links here and there, but
nothing completely focused on using freevo on dfbmga. So here comes my
story...

I've read alot about setting up freevo the best way on my configuration.
The main problem is to get the Matrox G450 up and running correctly on
tvout.
The best way seems to be the directfb library and the directfb patches
found in the mplayer sources. They enable the system to play very nice
movies with mplayer on the tvout (which is by the way the y-cable on the
second head of the g450). And all of this without playing around with
framebuffer tweaking for proper PAL display settings (timing,
resolution, etc.).

The final step i thought was to fetch the SDL library from CVS. I did
that and the 'ldd /../libSDL.so' tells me that she seems to use the
directfb library if told so.

But how do i really get freevo to use the dfbmga (directfb on mga fb
combination) output?
I only found the display parameter directfb in the freevo
configurations. This way i still get the output on my first head, my
monitor, and not on the second, my tv.
When i insert the mplayer parameters for dfbmga, which give me nice
video on the tv as i would like, into the freevo configuration, my
monitor gets black when i try to play a movie, but nothing happens. the
mplayer logfiles tell nothing bad, the mention the driectfb settings and
so on, but the vt stays dark.

I remember some SDL environment settings to control some settings of the
SDL library, but i've not found anything about this with google. Is this
the way i need to go? Or am i completly wrong?

I'm kind of stuck with this. How can i tell the sdl to use my dfbmga
output :-(

--
#kai

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.net email is sponsored by: VM Ware With VMware you can run multiple operating systems on a single machine. WITHOUT REBOOTING! Mix Linux / Windows / Novell virtual machines at the same time. Free trial click here:http://www.vmware.com/wl/offer/358/0 _______________________________________________ Freevo-users mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/freevo-users