On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 11:00:29 +0200
Kai Fricke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> What is the reason for firectfb 0.9.19? I think i have 0.9.18 the one
> that is distributed in the gentoo ebuilds.

If you

ACCEPT_KEYWORDS=~x86 emerge DirectFB

you'll get the latest.  I saw it recommende in the archive I think.

> What does the 'primary-layer=2' mean? I already use the other two settings.

I believe this may have come in with 0.19, it instructs directfb to run on the second
head.

> I've not seen anything about dfbmga in the freevo_local.conf. So i used
> directfb instead for the freevo.conf. I also didn't know that i can tell
> something about pal or ntsc in the freevo.conf

you need to set these in freevo.conf.

> I did the circular build of sdl. Did you use the emerge build? i fetched
> the CVS version the second time.

I copied the sdl ebuild to /usr/local/portage (my overlay directory) and changed it to
point to an sdl snapshot.  I could forward you the new ebuild, but I'm not a developer
so I make no promises for its saneness.

> I will try the two things you pointed me on and than if it didn't do the
> trick i will start from scratch because i can't remember every single step.
>
> BTW: Which kernel do you use for the best G450 framebuffer support? I
> tried 2.4.21, but that one is seriously broken with G450 FB.
> So i stayed with the 2.4.20 provided by gentoo.
> How about 2.4.22? Any experiences?

I'm running 2.4.20-gentoo-r6, but I should say that I'm running a G400.  I believe
however that other than the kernel the setup should be similar.

One more thing, I'm not sure if the vsync patch is needed, you may want to add -vo
dfbmga:buffermode=triple to your mplayer args in local_config.py.  But note this will
only come into play when watching videos.  I did patch my kernel but had to remove the
define from /usr/include/.... so I dont think I'm using it.  I'm not sure onb this
though.

Hope this helps

Mark