It seems to me that i've done everything as you described except export statement. I've compiled SDL twice, the second time after installing directfb and the directfb support seems to work (ldd prints dependencies).

I think because i only run one version of SDL (the CVS from last week) i don't need a symlink anywhere.

Jortan H wrote:
Hi,

I have gone through all the steps to get G450 and
dfbmga working. It's hard to say what you have missed
because you haven't described the steps you have done.
But you have to 'export SDL_VIDEODRIVER=directfb' and
I think you have to create a symlink somewhere in the
Freevo structure to the SDL-lib (I'm not at my
Freevo-box now and can't remember where the link was).
You also need to run as root. The last thing I can
remember that bugged me was to be sure that directfb
is found when compiling SDL, look for 'checking
directfb.... OK' or something.

Let me know how you go,
/Bjorn

--- Kai Fricke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> skrev: > Hi!

I would be very pleased to get some help with my
problem. I've found
alot snippets on the freevo wiki pages and links
here and there, but
nothing completely focused on using freevo on
dfbmga. So here comes my
story...

I've read alot about setting up freevo the best way
on my configuration.
The main problem is to get the Matrox G450 up and
running correctly on
tvout.
The best way seems to be the directfb library and
the directfb patches
found in the mplayer sources. They enable the system
to play very nice
movies with mplayer on the tvout (which is by the
way the y-cable on the
second head of the g450). And all of this without
playing around with
framebuffer tweaking for proper PAL display settings
(timing,
resolution, etc.).

The final step i thought was to fetch the SDL
library from CVS. I did
that and the 'ldd /../libSDL.so' tells me that she
seems to use the
directfb library if told so.

But how do i really get freevo to use the dfbmga
(directfb on mga fb
combination) output?
I only found the display parameter directfb in the
freevo
configurations. This way i still get the output on
my first head, my
monitor, and not on the second, my tv.
When i insert the mplayer parameters for dfbmga,
which give me nice
video on the tv as i would like, into the freevo
configuration, my
monitor gets black when i try to play a movie, but
nothing happens. the
mplayer logfiles tell nothing bad, the mention the
driectfb settings and
so on, but the vt stays dark.

I remember some SDL environment settings to control
some settings of the
SDL library, but i've not found anything about this
with google. Is this
the way i need to go? Or am i completly wrong?

I'm kind of stuck with this. How can i tell the sdl
to use my dfbmga
output :-(

--
#kai

With VMware you can run multiple operating systems
on a single machine.
WITHOUT REBOOTING! Mix Linux / Windows / Novell
virtual machines
at the same time. Free trial click
here:http://www.vmware.com/wl/offer/358/0

Gå före i kön och få din sajt värderad på nolltid med Yahoo! Express
Se mer på: http://se.docs.yahoo.com/info/express/help/index.html

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.net email is sponsored by: VM Ware With VMware you can run multiple operating systems on a single machine. WITHOUT REBOOTING! Mix Linux / Windows / Novell virtual machines at the same time. Free trial click here:http://www.vmware.com/wl/offer/358/0 _______________________________________________ Freevo-users mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/freevo-users

-- #kai