Hi again,

Well, that sorta worked.  I get sound on the recording until the mp3 switches and then
it resets the gain back to zero.  So apparently everytime freevo does anything it
resets the gain, not just every time it starts a recording.  Any other ideas on how I
can stop that?  It seems like that would be a problem for everyone but I guess it
isn't.  I can't think if anything odd I did setting it all up tho...

Thanks
Seth

 .------[ Aubin Paul wrote (Fri, Nov 28, 2003 at 05:06:43PM -0500) ]------

 |  The easiest way to do it (without having to change freevo) would be to
 |  make your 'VCR_CMD' be a shell script instead of a direct call to
 |  mencoder.
 |
 |  i.e.
 |
 |  make a shell script called 'recordme'
 |
 |  #!/bin/sh
 |  #
 |  aumix <your commands for igain>
 |  mencoder $*
 |  aumix <your commands to turn it off>
 |
 |  All the same options will be passed to mencoder, but this way you can
 |  use aumix to set the volume.
 |
 |  Aubin
 |

 |  On Fri, Nov 28, 2003 at 01:46:53PM -0800, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
 |  > Hi.
 |  >
 |  > Is there a way to make freevo change the input gain and line volume when it
starts and stops recording?  When it starts now it turns my igain down to 0 and
doesn't adjust the line1 volume at all. Which means none of my recordings have sound.
I'd like to make it turn the line1 volume to 0 (so it doesn't come out the speakers)
and turn up the igain when it records.  At the very least I'd like it to leave it
levels alone.