[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I ended up doing that too. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet tho... Good to know it should work at least.

Personally I think it would be reasonable to just leave out the igain setting entirely. At least for my setup turning the igain down never really accomplishes anything.

Seth

I spent weeks experimenting with OSS drivers for my SB Live 5.1 and finally gave up and switched to alsa because even though I could record from tv with this fix, I never managed to get the centre speaker working when watching a DVD. Switching to Alsa made things so much easier. Because all the volume controls are labelled differently, there is no IGain, and hence it's never set to 0.
Have a look at
http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php?page=emu10k1
for info on the volume controls.

Alsa is really worth it.