-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Victor
Putz
Sent: Friday, January 16, 2004 12:11 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Freevo-users] ATI R128 Considered
Harmful--recommendations?

Hmm, sounds like a fairly  strong recommendation for the G400, even
without the cable (I built my own LIRC reciever, so I don't mind having to
make the cable if I need).

One thing I've heard is that the TV-out-enabled second display on the G400
is "unaccelerated", whatever that means (not sure if it meant "no overlay
support", "no xv support", what).  I'm using the freevo for recording,
playback, and Mame under X--is the G400 unimpaired with all these?

Also--and this is fairly important to me--is the TV-out on the G400
adjustable in terms of saturation/color balance/etc?  I'm unable to adjust
the R128 (as far as I can tell) and it's far too bright (the TV is set
correctly according to my Avia calibration DVD, but the TV-out from the
R128 has no idea what "black" is).

Thanks; I appreciate the help.  All things considered, setting up the
video for the Freevo is fairly confusing (X11? dxr3?  Framebuffer?) even
without the driver issues.

I *did* get the R128 working, by the way (a debian update silently wrote
over my compiled driver), but if the G400 is well-supported, I'll watch
auctions for it.

Thanks again-->VPutz