Hi,

Duh, a search through /proc/bus/usb/devices revealed the culprit.

Found the problem in misc.py line 300

if line.lower().find('mass storage') != -1:

should be

if line.lower().find('storage') != -1:

Probably kernel 2.4 and 2.6 usb/mass storage module naming is
different. A find for 'storage' is enough to get it going for both
modules

my cat /proc/bus/usb/devices

If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 3 Cls=08(stor.) Sub=ff Prot=01 Driver=usb-storage

Or changing back to usb_id as an identifier is maybe a better solution
if one has multiple usb-storage devices.

     /Robert