I tried mplayer on ist own in runlevel 3 and in runlevel 5. In both cases
the sound output worked!! MPlayer obviously _CAN_ access /dev/mixer. Now the
question is why freevo can't...

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Im Auftrag von Mick
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 30. Juni 2004 09:01
An: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Betreff: Re: [Freevo-users] Problems with /dev/mixer

Firstly,

Keep these types of questions on the user list,

Secondly,

Looks like you have an issue with /dev/mixer, not freevo..

Try the mplayer command on its own, does it work?  Do you use alsa or
oss?  Try aumixer or alsamixer to see is th mixer exists..

Mick