On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 07:53 am, Alejandro Bonilla wrote:

From the errors i see there, they are all fixable by setting the values in
local_conf.py, installing and setting up XMLTV and LIRC

That last error, about the CDROM, i havent seen since i used a slot cd/dvd
drive that didnt support motorized open/close. If its not a slot drive,
perhaps its mounted, or the user you are running freevo as doesnt have
permission to access it ?

Travis.
> Hi,
>
>    I use Dual Head and freevo and I get the following errors. Please let
> me know if this is fixable or purely cosmetic.
> I have Debian Sid and installed Freevo from the apt source.
>
> I also can't move the mouse between screens when I toogle freevo to Full
> Screen mode. The mouse will stay in one single window with the Freevo Menu.
>
> alejandro:~# freevo
>
> Error: TV_RECORD_DIR not set
> Please set TV_RECORD_DIR to the directory, where recordings should be
> stored or remove the tv plugin. Autoset variable to /root.
>
> Error: VIDEO_SHOW_DATA_DIR not found
> ROM_DRIVES: Auto-detected and added "('/media/cdrom0', '/dev/hdc', 'CD-1')"
>
> Error: can't find /tmp/TV.xml
> Use xmltv to create this file or when you don't want to use the tv
> module at all, add TV_CHANNELS = [] and plugin.remove('tv') to your
> local_conf.py. TVguide is deactivated now.
>

> Please run 'freevo cache'
>
> WARNING: /etc/freevo/lircrc not found!
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/freevo/plugins/rom_drives.py",
> line 341, in move_tray
>     s = ioctl(fd, CDROMCLOSETRAY)
> IOError: [Errno 5] Input/output error

The day Microsoft make something that doesnt suck, is the day they make a
vacuum cleaner.