Duncan,Oscilated-
   I the problem is that pygame will not compile with out smpeg or
Numeric installed. I think the placce that really needs to be given
the nudge ot update is pygame. Both Numeric and smpeg are un
maintained for teh most part and smpeg is suffering serious bit rot.
   As to update in the dependency page, I am sorting them out righ
tnow and home to get started on that tonight (My wiki-fu is a bit
musty).

Evan