El Martes, 27 de Marzo de 2007 15:19, Jason Tackaberry escribió:
> > directfb don't need/want X running. IIRC in the wiki it suggests using
> > ratpoison as window manager, this works well for a dedicated box as it is
> > so light weight.
> >

> Why use a window manager at all?

You don't need it. Actually, I use kdm to boot freevo (as a window manager).
Yes, quite strange, but that was the first way that I managed to make it
work. And then, the KISS principle...

In my new attempt, I'll try to make things simpler, so I was wondering: do I
need X at all? Can I run everything in framebuffer? I think I should, as
that's how geexbox works, right? So mplayer/xine will work, but... what about
mame/fmsx/others? Will they work? Remember my video hardware is a radeon
9100igp, and there's no way to have 3d+tvout. So, if I want to run freevo in
framebuffer, what do I need?

        Alberto