Michel Hoogervorst wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just bought a Targus Wireless 2.4Ghz Presenter, which will have two
> functions:
> 1. Make my cat do some exercise (kinda cool to see how she reacts on
> the laser light :-P)
> 2. Hope to control Freeo with it.
>
> I bought this one, because it has a button to switch between presenter
> mode, and mouse mode.
> Kinda hoped that switching it in presenter mode, would make the middle
> stick function as a joystick... but it doesn't :-(
>
> So now, the only way I can use this this to control Freevo, it putting
> it in presenter mode, and just map de 4 buttons on it.
> What I would like to know, is if there is a solution to trick
> Linux/Freevo into thinking that mouse-down is the same as pressing the
> down butten, and the same for up left and right, controlling Freevo
> like that :-)
>
> Is this somehow possible?
> Or is there another way of using a mouse with Freevo?
>
> I thought there used to be a Wiki page about using a mouse with Freevo
> under tips and tricks... but I can't seem to find it anymore...
> Does anyone have a clue?
>

> Michel

Just got to the last bit there where you mention the wiki and that's
where I was going to say to check. Freevo doesn't natively support mouse
navigation but there was someone who had posted to the wiki a patch that
they had developed to allow use of a mouse. It was actually to allow
freevo to be used with a touchscreen which was what they were using in a
museum or somewhere like that. The touchscreen emulated a mouse hence
the need for the mouse support. An imap search just found a posting in
freevo-users from 2004 that doesn't look encouraging - see Re: Plans for
mouse input?

Wait, just found this -
http://studio.kyperjokki.fi/engine/FreevoPointerInput. Doubt that diff
will apply now though :) A google for 'freevo mouse patch' might help,
patches welcome....

John