> Hi,
>
> Just got to the last bit there where you mention the wiki and that's
>> where I was going to say to check. Freevo doesn't natively support mouse
>> navigation
>

> I understand, but I was thinking, maybe there's a way of fooling the Linux
> OS in thinking that mouse-down is the same as the down button on a
> keyboard
> or joystick? :-)  The mouse on this thing is a sort of joystick anyway...
> it
> only identifies itself as a mouse.
>
> An imap search just found a posting in
>> freevo-users from 2004 that doesn't look encouraging - see Re: Plans for
>> mouse input?
>

> I found that one too, but hey, it's three years later.. a lot could have
> happened in the mean time ;-)
>

> Wait, just found this -
>> http://studio.kyperjokki.fi/engine/FreevoPointerInput. Doubt that diff
>> will apply now though :)
>

> I found that one as well... but the latest change on the page is already a
> year old, and I'm pretty sure I won't be able to apply this to Freevo
> 1.7.2:-D
> If I only understood Python... *sigh*
>

> A google for 'freevo mouse patch' might help,
>> patches welcome....
>

> Yeah, did that.... but couldn't find anything, that's why I asked the
> list... hoping somebody knows more than I have found so far.

Does your remote have an event interface under Linux?

You can tell by using lsinput (package input-utils)

If it does then you can use the lircd with dev/input driver

See http://freevo.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/doc/LircDevInput for a guide,
which I wrote for the PVR-350 but should be relevant to any event driver.

Duncan