I tried some, but can't get it to work at all :-(

Because my distro (Mandriva) had no 'lsinput' in the input-utils package, I
downloaded and compiled the utils from the package mentioned in the wiki (in
the Linux event interface page).

When I do ./lsinput, I get those two wich belong to my presenter:
/dev/input/event2
   bustype : BUS_USB
   vendor  : 0x5fe
   product : 0x1010
   version : 16641
   name    : "USB Device USB Device"
   phys    : "usb-0000:00:02.0-1/input0"
   uniq    : ""
   bits ev : EV_SYN EV_KEY EV_LED EV_REP

/dev/input/event3
   bustype : BUS_USB
   vendor  : 0x5fe
   product : 0x1010
   version : 16641
   name    : "USB Device USB Device"
   phys    : "usb-0000:00:02.0-1/input1"
   uniq    : ""
   bits ev : EV_SYN EV_KEY EV_REL EV_ABS

The event3 part is the mouse-function on this thing, and the event2 part is
the presenter-part.
When I do ./input-events 3, and push the mouse up, I get this:

02:40:51.407932: EV_REL REL_Y -7

Where the -7 is a number between -1 and -7
Pushing it down, gives a positive number between 1 and 7

So, me happy, and I put this in local_conf.py:
EVENT_DEVS = [ '/dev/input/event3' ]
EVENTMAP['REL_Y'] = ('UP', 'DOWN')
EVENTMAP['REL_X'] = ('LEFT', 'RIGHT')

But, nothing happens when I push the stick up, down, left or right...
I also tried putting lines in like:
EVENTMAP['REL_Y -7'] = 'UP'
EVENTMAP['REL_Y 7'] = 'DOWN'

And I even tried putting it like this:
EVENTMAP['EV_REL REL_Y 3'] = 'DOWN'

But, nothing works... :-(

Just to be sure, I tried putting this in local_conf.py:
EVENT_DEVS = [ '/dev/input/event0' ]
EVENTMAP['BTN_TL2'] = 'DOWN'

which is mapped to a key on my joystick device... and that works, so the
communication between the event interface and Freevo works fine... but I
still can't use the presenter to control Freevo. :-(

Any ideas left?

Michel