This problem might be unrelated..... When looking at /var/log/freevo/xine-
stderr-0.log I noticed a problem. It was looking for the XvMCConfig file in
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/ but mine was located in /etc/X11/, so I made a link from
/etc/X11/XvMCConfig to /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/. and it seemed to solve the
problem. The weird thing is this problem didn't exist before I updated the
svn or when I ran Xine from outside of Freevo. Maybe this is the same
problem he is having? or maybe I am insane....