----- Oorspronkelijk bericht -----
From: Stephen Rowles <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED], freevo-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Date: 28-Jan-2008 19:53
Subject: Re: [Freevo-users] more 1.7.5 issues, xine doesn't appear to be
doing xvmc any more

> Duncan Webb wrote:
> > Would you try changing the line:
> > self.app = XineApp(command, self)
> > to:
> > self.app = childapp.ChildApp2(command)
> >
> > This will stop freevo parsing the output of the xine command.
> >
> > I don't think it will make any difference but will stop the call backs
> > from stdout and stderr.
> >

> That has improved things slightly, taken a few % off the CPU usage, but
> still in the high 40's - 60's as opposed to the 15% it takes to play
> back when run from the command line :(
>
> Any other ideas?

Is xine eating up the cpu (check with 'top')? If you have a (VIA) unichrome
video chipset, check the ~/.xine/config file of the user that runs freevo.
There is an entry for saving cpu cycles:

  video.device.unichrome_cpu_save = 1

This takes down the cpu load from 40% to 10% on my box with xxmc output.

Richard.