Wow, Jim!
That looks like it could be exactly what I need - however, in my frustration
I tried installing the FreevoLive system on my computer, but what was
displeased with the end result, so I'm going to try it on Debian Sid
tomorrow.  I think I was confused by the usb.storage settings, but I think
Jim's file gave be a better overview of it.

So the stuff in auto.usb assigns the device /dev/sda1 a name and mounts it,
but what does the auto.master do in relation? And also, as far as I can
tell, having a USB Stick formatted to vfat - my settings wouldn't really
need to vary that much at all, would they? In fact, I might even be able to
straight copy this? I do only have one USB Device that I use, though..

Anyway, I'll keep you posted! Thanks, guys!

Emil