> Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 13:12:59 +0000
> From: a...@dvbstreamer.org
> To: freevo-users@lists.sourceforge.net
> Subject: Re: [Freevo-users] freevo 1.8.3 dvbstreamer record problems
>
> On Thu, January 8, 2009 1:02 pm, Matthew Job wrote:
> >> Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 12:45:27 +0000
> >> From: a...@dvbstreamer.org
> >> To: freevo-users@lists.sourceforge.net
> >> Subject: Re: [Freevo-users] freevo 1.8.3 dvbstreamer record problems

> >> not

> >> 1

> <snip>

> >> Couple of questions, Has this happened more than once? Are you using the
> >> same local_conf.py for the recordserver and frontend?
> >>
> >> You could try changing the Channel names to there DVB Ids, use "dvbctrl
> >> lsservices -id" to get a list DVB ids and channel names. DVB ids tend to
> >> be  more robust than services names which, depending on your
> >> broadcaster,
> >> can change.
> >>
> >> Finally do computer 1 and 2 share a common directory as
> >> tv.dvbstreamer.record sends the filename to save to, to dvbstreamer
> >> rather
> >> than streaming the data and then saving. i.e. if you have setup the
> >> record
> >> server to save file to /tv, both computer 1 and 2 need to have a /tv
> >> directory (best shared using nfs).
> >>
> >> Cheers
> >>
> >> Adam
> >>

> > Adam
> > Yes this happens everytime
> > I have changed some of the channel names to their DVB ids and it still
> > happens
> Odd, yet it works when viewing TV?
>
> > The two computers do not have access to the same directory so i will set
> > this up and give it a go as i thought that dvbstreamer would stream the
> > data to the recordserver and then it was saved.
> > On that note, if i was to install and run the recordserver on computer 1
> > and provide an appropriote record_dir path then it should just work right?
> >  (sorry for the stupid question, just wanted to check)
>
> Yes and this is exactly what I do. I have a PC in the loft, closest to the
> aerial, which has 2 DVB cards in 1 for recording 1 for viewing and then
> run the recordserver on this recording to a local disk. The frontend
> downstairs then streams TV from the PC in the loft and plays recording
> from a NFS share also from the PC in the loft. Works a treat and means I
> can turn off/upgrade the downstairs PC with out chance of pain being
> inflicted on me by my wife/kids for recordings being missed :-)
>
> cheers
>
> Adam

Thats pretty much the setup i was going for

I have setup Freevo recordserver on computer 1 and pointed the recordserver
variable in local_config on computer 2 at computer 1

i am now getting the following error

Exception in thread Thread-1:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/threading.py", line 486, in __bootstrap_inner
    self.run()
  File
"/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/freevo/tv/plugins/dvbstreamer/record.py",
line 169, in run
    self.manager.select(adapter, prog.tunerid)
  File
"/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/freevo/tv/plugins/dvbstreamer/manager.py",
line 86, in select
    controller.set_current_service(channel)
  File
"/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/freevo/tv/plugins/dvbstreamer/comms.py", line
88, in set_current_service
    (errcode, errmsg, msg) = self.execute_command('select ' + service, True)
  File
"/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/freevo/tv/plugins/dvbstreamer/comms.py", line
67, in execute_command
    ctrlcon.open()
  File
"/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/freevo/tv/plugins/dvbstreamer/comms.py", line
256, in open
    self.socket.connect((self.host, self.adapter + 54197))
  File "<string>", line 1, in connect
error: (111, 'Connection refused')

Messenger's gift to you! Download free emoticons today!
http://livelife.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=669758